In my research days at the University of Hertfordshire, I have conducted an external marketing analysis on Network Rail using PESTLE, SWOT and Porter’s five forces strategic frameworks, while aiming to provide recommendations to strengthen its market position for both passengers and freight transport.
My advice, following the strategic research, focused on three areas which, in my view, necessitated improvements:
- Training, research and development
- Performance of civil engineering works
- Balancing politics consumer experience
- The brief presentation: Network Rail – External market analysis (short introduction)
- The complete report: Network Rail – External market analysis (comprehensive report)